Wednesday 17 April 2013

My last full day in Paradise.....

And so the sun rose on my last full day in Rarotonga.  Dog and I watched the sun rise from our normal spot and enjoyed a walk on the beach.  He was especially playful and jovial and enjoyed the milk and bread I had prepared for him!  Then my tropical fruit platter was delivered and another leisurely breakfast was enjoyed.  Dog looked at me every hopeful that today I might just have sausages......

I went for a shower and when I got back Dog was gone, I think the lady that sweeps the sand here scared him off.  I hoped he'd be back......

And then it was back to the old routine, hammock (getting the hang of it now), sunbed, walk along the beach, book, snooze......I really am relaxed and even the arrival of 10 kids a way up the beach, laughing and frolicking in the sea, most of the day, didn't stress me (quite as much....). It was a gloriously hot day with a little breeze and I even went snorkeling in the reef! Get me!

Still no sign of Dog, and I was getting worried but I assured myself that he had just found some other soft touch go hang out with.....I hope so anyway.....

As this was my last night I decided to dine out and like all holidays you go on, you always find the best things out just before you are leaving.  And sure enough, 100m down the beach, heading in the direction of the sunset was a little shack on the beach called Vaima.  Bugger me, I can see how I missed it, it is only open at night after all.  And as if by magic, I discovered that if I walked just around the corner on the beach I could see the sunset in full force.  Oh well I will just have to come back again then.....

I dined on scallops, local fish curry and a selection of deserts, local beer whilst sitting among the palm trees, twinkly lights and fire torches listening to the waves crashing against the reef and had a lovely evening.  I walked back the 100m on the beach with the moonlight and stars guiding me and the waves lapping at my feet, and then lay on the bed on the veranda enjoying the cool evening breeze.  I woke up an hour later, still no Dog (even though I called for him) and decided it was time for my bed.  So as I snuggled down I hoped Dog would be there in the morning and I soon slipped off into a wonderful relaxing slumber.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............

1 comment:

  1. wonderba, don't be sad what a wonderfull holiday you have had. you have lots of time to visit again. pop xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and not falling asleep long enough to comment!!