Saturday 20 April 2013

My day in LA.....

Had a fab day being a tourist today!  Started with a tour of the movie stars homes in the hills around the city, the driver and guide was so funny and we had a great laugh as we all drove around, all hoping to catch a glimpse of someone famous!

We saw Micheal Jacksons home, Jason Statham, Tom Cruise, the list goes on and on and I cannot remember them all, stars old and new, legends and directors.  These houses are incredible amd worth 10's of millions.

So after stalking the stars it was back to Hollywood to pick up another tour that takes in the sites of the city.  Last time I was here, I stayed in the Roosevelt hotel right opposite The Chinese Theatre, and that hotel is still as I remember it. Hollywood itself was a bit of a shit hole back then and I have to say it has smartened up a little!!  New shops and restaurants have appeared and sit alongside the good old faithfuls such as Hooters, Hard Rock Cafe and of course Maccy D's!!  The next tour showed us all the famous sights, the Hollywood sign (even if it was a fair way away!) Paramount Studios, Capital Records, Hollywood Bowl, Sunset Strip, and this driver was a hoot too!  Once that was done I took myself off to wander round, taking in the wall of fame, the hand and footprints, a wander round the Chinese Theatre cinema (watched LA Confidential there after watching the premiere the night before from the hotel window when I was hear last all those years ago) I shopped the toot stores and then caught the bus up to Universal Studios and wandered round the shops and bars there. The sun was shining the music was playing and I was just enjoying my last day.

Back in Downtown Hollywood watching Batman, Captain. America, Chewbacca, Wolverene, Rambo, Tnkerbell, Mickey Mouse  and Cat Woman all trying to get you to have your picture taken with them (for a price) and ten all chilling together afterwards.  Only in Hollywood.....

Then it was back to Beverley Hills as the sun set to find somewhere to eat.  Just past my hotel and opposite Rodeo Drive was the Pannini Cafe. Do not be fooled, this place is no ordinary cafe.  Filled with locals and visitors, the portions were huge and many posh looking cars pulled up beside me and got out for take out.  I went for beef kebabs and was not disappointed.  Belly full and 2 glasses of Pinot down I wandered into Sprinkles (apparently a famous cup cake place that now does ice cream) and sat with the beautiful kids eating dark chocolate and pistacio icecream with caramel popcorn topping.  Nom.

Then I wandered back to the hotel and fell into bed, full and happy but sad that this was my final night of my big adventure.  But more about that later, I soon fell into a lovely slumber. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

What a fab couple of days, thanks LA xx

1 comment:

Thank you for reading and not falling asleep long enough to comment!!