Tuesday 16 April 2013

Day 4 in Paradise......

Well hello faithful friends, I am so glad the you have decided to blog on today and read about my hideous adventures in paradise.  Well today was slightly different.....

After Dog and I watched the sunrise together and enjoyed our morning tropical breakfast I was picked up at 9.15 by Koko Lagoon cruises for a promised day of fun, sea and BBQ, and they did not disappoint!

Once we were all assembled at Muri Beach on what looked like another scorcher, our lagoon boat awaited us complete with band playing and palm trees swaying and a rather lovely collection of the Cook Islands finest men to assist us!!  We had a good group of people on the trip and as we were piped aboard by Captain Amazing playing his big shell, we were off.

The crew were so funny, making everyone join in and that coupled with the perfect lagoon and views carried us along to the snorkeling site.  Now those of you that know me well are aware that I am not a natural water baby, but there was no stopping me.  I snorkeled up and jumped straight in.  The water was so warm and clear and the fish were incredible, every colour of the rainbow, even huge puffer fish eating out of the crews hands!! Awesome.

So we swam and swam and generally savoured the moment, then back on board to cruise the lagoon to the BBQ site on a little island that was stunning.  We feasted on tuna, sausages, paw paw salad and more, lovingly prepared by our warriors.  Then it was show time.

Captain Amazing was in fact the world champion climber of a coconut tree (among his other many talents, mainly looking beautiful) and he showed us his talent.  Up and down in 7 seconds!!!! Jeez it must hurt his big manly thighs.....

Anyhoo, after that he showed us his skills with husking and chopping and grating coconuts, with lots of audience participation, it was back on the boat.  There was a sarong tying demonstration which I got randomly picked for, and I spent s few wonderful minutes being wrapped up by Captain Amazing, and we all had a few giggles along the way, after I thrust my camera as 2 Checz girls sitting next to me as I got up and said 'take lots of pictures of me and that gorgeous man......' to which the boat erupted in laughter (as you know I am not known for my subtlety)

We arrived back at Muri beach and said our goodbyes after what was a fabulous 5 hours.  Well worth it, one of the best trips I have done.

Went back and checked on Dog who was still guarding my sun lounger and I decided to nip into town and get my Cook Island drivers licence as a souvenir of my trip ($20 and it allows you to hire a car, its just a little tourist thing and most people go for it!). Got there and realised that I needed my passport as well as my driving licence so bought some bits and came home again where dog and I resumed our routine.

Sunlounger, wine, sea, sand, wine, played fetch, sun lounger, sunset, put some washing on (there are chores in paradise) then bed.  Heaven.

And so that leads me to my last full day in paradise.  I wonder what I will do......



1 comment:

Thank you for reading and not falling asleep long enough to comment!!