Saturday 20 April 2013

Its homeward bound today!! But not just yet.....

Good morning faithful blogees from Sunny California!! It truly is a beautiful day in the City of Angels today I have woken up on my very last day (not counting the day I will lose travelling home) heavy hearted but reflecting on the most amazing trip.

But first, I had to have breakfast and after a bit of a farce getting a cheap airport transfer I wamdered back down to Rodeo to enjoy breakfast at 208 where I had lunch the other day.  I strolled down the palm tree lined streets and was greeted there as an old friend!  I sat with the satellite sunglass set, with dogs in handbags and air kissing and enjoyed an amazing omelette, OJ and of course, champagne darling!!

The waiters were fab and they earn every penny of the 15% surcharge, and as I sat and stared at the Pretty Woman hotel, once again clad in George-io and Primarni's finest, I pondered on how lucky I am to have had this opportunity - again - and God willing I hope it wont be the last.

I said goodbye to my little eating place and wandered over to the Beverly Wiltshire Hotel where the doorman opened the door for me with the same smile he did for Julia (I have to imagine that as I have not seen the film) and I wandered round marvelling at the wonder of the lobby.  I was admiring the amazing but so simple flower display when a scruffy bloke who was arranging them began talking to me and I commented on how great they were.  Turned out he was the florist!  He to,d me they were not as beautiful as me (he had cataracts I think) and I left there with a spring in my step.

So here I sit, in the lobby of my hotel waiting for my transfer to arrive.  LA has been a blast and just what I needed on the way home.

Im not doing my final speech yet, I save that for when I am home, so for now I will just sign off and maybe catch you at LAX....


Mmmmmmwahhhhh darling xx

1 comment:

  1. oh don't be sad, you have had one of the most fantastic holidays MA&I have ever been on. popxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and not falling asleep long enough to comment!!