Tuesday 9 April 2013

Day 29.....Goodbye old friend.....

It was with a heavy heart and a tear in my eye that I said goodbye to my faithful friend this morning.

Me and Trev have had a blast.  There have been good times and bad, ups and downs, and cracks and things breaking off (him not me) but all in all its been a great 4 weeks.

We covered 4174.9 km together and endured sun, hail,wind and rain.  The things I will remember are the way his curtains didn't match the seat covers, the smell of off milk after I spilt it on the carpet on the first day, the rattle of the fridge in the night, the overhead cupboard door coming off and hitting me on the head, twice, the way he liked to tease me in the morning by chugging over a couple of times before starting, his portable heater that blew out cold air making it even more arctic in the back after I left it running when I went to the showers, the way reverse gear crunched and grinded making people stop and stare at us, the day the woman stopped my to say something was hanging down underneath him and I realised the waste hose had been obliterated (probably by some evil speed hump made of rocks that I didn't see 3 days before.....) and the crack in his windscreen that I measured each day with my eyebrow pencil and watched slowly spreading across the full width, finally reaching the other side as I pulled into the hire place (thank God I upgraded the insurance)

But that was Trevor, my Trev, and I will miss him as despite all his faults he kept me safe and warm (ish) and helped my fulfill my dreams.

Anyhoo, moving on I'm now waiting for my flight to Auckland where I am for 2 nights, with a day trip to the Bay of Islands tomorrow and shopping for a larger hand luggage bag ....and my back and hips are looking forward to a proper bed.......

Then I head out for 6 nights in the Cook Islands before 2 nights in LA. Nice.

But before then I will have hopefully robbed a bank to get cash to upload my pics from Day 27 and 28, Im hoping for better things in Auckalnd....

So until then faithful followers, laters........

1 comment:

  1. poor old trevor, at least he kept you safe on you travels xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and not falling asleep long enough to comment!!