Friday 15 March 2013

Day 3 Auckland - time to meet my camper.....

So the time had come to meet him, the one that I would be spending the next 4 weeks of my life with, sleeping, eating and driving mad(ly)

Got up ridiculously early and pottered (just like home) and then it was a taxi ride to the camper place with a lovely cab driver called Shariff who was very jolly and warned my to look after myself (bless, I have a feeling he wasn't much older than me....)

Then I arrived at Kiwi campers to meet my fate.  Now, I have never used them, but I suspect choosing a camper on line is much like using a dating website.  The pics look fab, the description seems too good to be true and you seem to want the same things.  Then you meet them and it all turns to rat shit.  Now last time it was Colin, who in all fairness, despite his faults and dirty habits, turned out to be a dependable old chum and quite fit for 2 weeks.

This time, I was in it for a longer relationship.  One that would last and provide me joy and happiness.....

So Molly, the fab lady at Kiwi Campers took me through all the gubbins and told me all about my mate to be, and she understood the significance of getting the right one.  And she also knew that when I saw it, I would know.

And then, there he was, as he was a he.  And I knew, instantly.  He was a Trevor.  Yes, a Trevor.  Not a Brad or a George or even a Tom, but a Trevor. 

Once again the literature had been slightly 'bigged up' but he was solid, spacious and most of all, clean.  A bit rough around the edges and not as young as I was expecting but he would do the job perfectly.  And joy filled my heart.  I had waited so long to meet him and here he was.

So after filling him with all my toot, hanging up my angels (thanks to the olds) and a cheery goodbye to Molly I was off on the start of this section of  my Big Fat Kiwi Adventure, no longer alone but with Trevor not exactly by my side as much as all around me.......

Building on my experience from last year it was straight to the shopping complex to stock up on essential items such as cleaning fluid, baby wipes, freezer bags, pegs and string, mats for the floor of course food, along with 35 other campervans who all had their own little section.

Bargains had, Trevor laden and sat nag set we were off.......Hot Water Beach her we come.........Wooooooooooooo!

1 comment:

  1. trever sounds ok drive carefully, do they drive on left or right? xxxxxxxxxxx pop xxxxx ma, & xxxxxxxxxx B

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and not falling asleep long enough to comment!!