Friday 22 March 2013

Day 10.....Martinborough

This will be brief.  Beautiful sunny day, I felt like death warmed up.  The vineyards were a no go, even the sight of the wine in my fridge made me heave.

So at 1pm I dragged my sorry arse into town and sat in the square with fish and chips then went back to Trevor to chill.

I kept telling myself I needed it but the truth was in  a hangover.  The sun and the garlic prawns and the cocktail thing I didn't even know I'd had until I saw a pic on my camera didn't help, but that was how it was to be.

Nonetheless I had a lovely day, listening to an old couple swearing at each other as they took 4 hours to put up their new tent.  When the wife said 'we should have put it up before we came she had a valid point, but it was met with 'shut up' from the old man!!

And so, pot noodle in hand I watched the amazing sunset and settled in to bed ready for the next leg.  Ferry to the south island tomorrow and a whole new lot of adventures in store.....


1 comment:

  1. I could feel that hangover, but you have to be sober to have one so just carry on, I speak from experience. popxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and not falling asleep long enough to comment!!