Saturday 30 March 2013

Day 18......time to chill at the Lake......

So today was all about chilling and relaxing, both Trev and I needed a break from driving so the first thing I did was go for a drive.....

Well this was only a short one of about 30km on the road going out the other side of the town.  I had no idea where it went but it certainly took in some more breathtaking scenery.

Turns out it wast the road to the ski resort of Treble Cone.  Well not resort, just the mountains (and I'm assuming by the name there are 3.....)

They looked magnificent in the early morning light but I bet they look even more stunning covered in snow and it hurt my neck just looking up at them, let alone skiing down them!  But the mountain road was closed (thankfully for Trevor) so we turned about and headed out the other way from town to enjoy the views of the bluff.....

And there was some money up this end of town!  I got the impression when I arrived her that it was quite well off and that was an understatement if these houses were anything to go by.  And the views.  Wow.  So after taking pics and not being picked up as a stalker, I headed back to the lake to do some shopping.

Being Easter weekend the place was buzzing and full of the hip, trendy, young and beautiful with a smattering of tourists thrown in.  Lots of trendy and shabby chic shops that I love to look in (Karen and mum would love it too) but the prices reflected the clientele so I just took pictures of some of the things I wanted but couldn't afford.....

But I did make some purchases, the difference I have noticed here is there are far less toot shops and more arty places, hence why I have spent most of my money on petrol, wine, crackers and pot noodles.....

Fish and chips for lunch, feeding the ducks and being dive bombed by the seagulls.  One very nifty gull swooped in an took the fish from my hand after hovering around for a while, very clever bird.

Another bucket of ice cream followed, hand made and marvellous flavours, I went for apple pie, peanut butter and chocolate today.  yesterday was chocolate, boysenberry and banana.....nom nom.

I really just took it easy, left a few more clues for the Easter bunny to find me (I'm hoping he is reading this blog or he will have a job.....) and then I got myself ready for dinner and a dose of action at the Paridiso, a cinema with a difference......... (well I say get ready I sprayed some charlie body spray from the pound shop and washed the ice cream off my face)

I had read about this place in the rough guide and basically it is a shed of a place what has old sofa's, aeroplane seats and various other sitting implements that you slouch in to watch the movie.  No trailers, an intermission and just bloody good fun!!  Had a lovely burger and wedges, coke with a straw and 90 mins of sheer unadulterated crap that was GI Joe the Resurrection (or something) but it had The Rock, Bruce Willis and some other hotties in so it was a great way to end a relaxing day.

I didn't get home till after midnight, get me, so I crept in like a teenager who has stayed out too long so not to wake the locals and slipped into a slumber, hoping the Easter Bunny will have found me in the morning.......

Night night xx


1 comment:

  1. nite nite B just had an egg [eaten not layed] popxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and not falling asleep long enough to comment!!